Civil Engineer (2-5 Years’) in our St. Louis Studio
SWT Design is actively seeking a highly talented, motivated, and self-driven candidate with 2-5 years’ professional experience to join our diverse team. The Project Engineer is responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and directing civil engineering projects as assigned and under the direction of a Senior Project Engineer. Our projects range in scale and project type, creating a rich diversity of project assignments and professional development opportunities. We offer a flexible and creative environment, fostering a team of collaborative, growth-minded professionals.
- Takes on tasks with enthusiasm and embraces the “team” atmosphere within SWT Design.
- Hard worker, diligent, and eager to collaborate with team members.
- Personal values align with SWT Design’s values: Collaboration, Honesty, Passion, and Steadfastness.
- Driven by the opportunity to design with creativity and beyond traditional engineering solutions.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to work at a variety of scales and project types.
- Broad technical knowledge and familiarity with design drawings and specifications
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Capable of implementing design ideas from conceptual planning phases through design detailing and construction observation.
- Invested in building long-term client relationships as a face of the project team and point of contact for consultants and project team partners.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering from an ABET-accredited university.
- Engineer Intern (EI) or Engineer-In-Training (EIT) Certification
- Minimum of 2 years of related civil engineering experience
- Working familiarity in AutoCAD/Civil3D
SWT Design offers full benefits including health, dental, short-term disability, and 401k. Personal Time Off (PTO) and Professional Development Stipends are available to all full-time employees (vary based on experience/qualifications).
Apply for the Position:
Please send cover letter, salary requirements, and resume/portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, as well as referencing the position for which you are applying. No agencies or calls please.
SWT Design, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition, disability (mental and physical), military and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
Regardless of current position openings, we encourage all interested professionals and student interns to submit your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com for consideration. We are a passionate team of landscape architects, planners, engineers, surveyors, and other talented individuals. SWT is the reason many of us settled in the Midwest. Our culture and the promise of career-defining projects are a huge pull. On day one at SWT, you become family.
Our team members have a voice and the chance to work on incredible projects. They value autonomy, flexibility, and purpose. Joining SWT offers broad experience rather than siloed specialization. Outside of work, we’re a close-knit team that knows how to have fun. There’s no isolation here.
We aim to make every teammate feel at ease. To embrace every background, race, religion, and personality. We’ll make sure you’re always growing and never bored. Whether you’ve worked in the field for days or decades, your projects will see the light of day. Your contributions will be praised. We’ll ask for your opinion and personal perspective.