2 to 5 Year Experience – St. Louis Studio
SWT Design is actively seeking a creative, highly talented candidate with 0-5 years professional experience to join our diverse team. This is an entry-level position in the profession of landscape SWT Design is actively seeking a highly talented, motivated and self-driven candidate with 2-5 years of professional experience to join our diverse team. The Project Engineer is responsible for designing, coordinating, and implementing site design projects as assigned and under the direction of a more senior engineer. The ideal candidate has a bachelor’s degree in engineering from an ABET-accredited university, two to five years of experience in site civil engineering with increasing responsibility, and a certification as an Engineer in Training (EIT) or Engineering Intern (EI). They must possess strong analytical and mathematical skills, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Candidates must have good time management skills and must be able work independently, prioritize and multi-task. A valid driver’s license is required.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and coordinate most aspects of the engineering work.
- Prepare complete project documents.
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data.
- Research, understand and apply City, State, regional and Federal codes and regulations
- Attend project meetings and present information to clients and design teams
- Interact with clients, customers, officials, contractors, and others.
- Manage project implementation with assigned project team and ensure that all work is completed as planned and scheduled; keep the lead engineer informed of the on-going status of a project; and providing adequate support to the members of the project team.
- Perform Quality Control Reviews of plans and reports before issuance.
- Promote the reputation of the company through the technical quality of work.
- Represent us professionally at all project-related meetings and inspections.
- Coordinate with project lead to evaluate and adapt standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Prepare scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments and review with lead engineer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and EIT or EI certification.
- Experience with diverse land development projects.
- Experience with design software (AutoCAD familiarity required, AutoCAD Civil 3D experience a plus).
- Demonstrated background in plan production and project execution.
- Supervision received: Reports to and receives guidance from the Lead Civil Engineer. May also receive direction/need coordination with other SWT Design staff including Studio Project Managers and Partners
- Takes on tasks with enthusiasm and embraces the “team” atmosphere within SWT Design.
- High level of proficiency in relevant software/programs.
- Hard worker, diligent, and eager to please team members.
- Acquire knowledge of related fields with the ability to function on internal and external multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to interact effectively with SWT Staff and others involved in project delivery.
- Strong verbal, written, and graphic communication and people skills.
- Strong ethics and good moral character.
SWT Design offers full benefits including health, dental, short-term disability, and 401k. Personal Time Off (PTO) and Professional Development Stipends are available to all full-time employees (vary based on experience/qualifications).
Apply for the Position:
Please send cover letter, salary requirements, and resume/portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, as well as referencing the position for which you are applying. No agencies or calls please.
SWT Design, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition, disability (mental and physical), military and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
Regardless of current position openings, we encourage all interested professionals and student interns to submit your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com for consideration. We are a passionate team of landscape architects, planners, engineers, surveyors, and other talented individuals. SWT is the reason many of us settled in the Midwest. Our culture and the promise of career-defining projects are a huge pull. On day one at SWT, you become family.
Our team members have a voice and the chance to work on incredible projects. They value autonomy, flexibility, and purpose. Joining SWT offers broad experience rather than siloed specialization. Outside of work, we’re a close-knit team that knows how to have fun. There’s no isolation here.
We aim to make every teammate feel at ease. To embrace every background, race, religion, and personality. We’ll make sure you’re always growing and never bored. Whether you’ve worked in the field for days or decades, your projects will see the light of day. Your contributions will be praised. We’ll ask for your opinion and personal perspective.