Landscape Designer/Intern – Entry Level – All Studios
SWT Design is actively seeking a creative, highly talented candidate with 0-5 years professional experience to join our diverse team. This is an entry-level position in the profession of landscape architecture, urban design, and planning not requiring registration. We offer a flexible and creative environment, fostering a team of collaborative, growth-minded professionals. Our projects range in scale and project type, creating a rich diversity of project assignments and professional development opportunities.
- Takes on tasks with enthusiasm and embraces the “team” atmosphere within SWT Design.
- Self-starter, diligent, and eager to collaborate with team members.
- Thrives in a small, growing studio with support and engagement with regional offices.
- Personal values align with SWT Design’s core values: Collaboration, Honesty, Passion, and Steadfastness.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to work at a variety of scales and project types
- Solid foundation of design thinking and planning principles
- Ability to consider broad economic, social, ecological, and aesthetic considerations of a place
- Familiarity with design drawings
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in landscape architecture, planning or urban design from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 0-5 years of experience working in a professional landscape architecture or planning role.
- Strong skills in AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite. 3D Modeling/rendering, Revit, and Vectorworks experience highly desirable.
SWT Design offers full benefits including health, dental, short-term disability, and 401k. Personal Time Off (PTO) and Professional Development Stipends are available to all full-time employees (vary based on experience/qualifications).
Apply for the Position:
Please send cover letter, salary requirements, and resume/portfolio to email@example.com, as well as referencing the position for which you are applying. No agencies or calls please.
SWT Design, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition, disability (mental and physical), military and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
Regardless of current position openings, we encourage all interested professionals and student interns to submit your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. We are a passionate team of landscape architects, planners, engineers, surveyors, and other talented individuals. SWT is the reason many of us settled in the Midwest. Our culture and the promise of career-defining projects are a huge pull. On day one at SWT, you become family.
Our team members have a voice and the chance to work on incredible projects. They value autonomy, flexibility, and purpose. Joining SWT offers broad experience rather than siloed specialization. Outside of work, we’re a close-knit team that knows how to have fun. There’s no isolation here.
We aim to make every teammate feel at ease. To embrace every background, race, religion, and personality. We’ll make sure you’re always growing and never bored. Whether you’ve worked in the field for days or decades, your projects will see the light of day. Your contributions will be praised. We’ll ask for your opinion and personal perspective.