SWT Design is actively seeking a studio manager for the Kansas City office. The Studio/Project Manager role is a vital position within SWT Design’s team framework. All studio managers are expected to be passionate, driven, and entrepreneurial-minded individuals.
As a studio manager for SWT Design, your responsibilities would include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure a collaborative and innovative studio environment aligned with SWT Design’s vision and culture. Oversee the management of the studio’s project workload and ensure appropriate distribution of workload to all team members within the studio. Coordinate support and sharing of resources with other SWT Design studios.
- Lead by example. Have an ongoing innate attitude towards teaching and connecting with the overall studio team. Proven ability to motivate and develop teams–internally and externally–to work on and execute stand-alone and integrated design-related projects.
- Ability to manage team members, professionally execute supervisory responsivities, abide by and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Assist with preparing proposals, budgets, workload projections and invoices, and collecting accounts receivable.
- Assist firm’s Controller with creation and review of monthly performance reporting (profitability, labor analysis, AR, etc.) to firm’s leadership.
- Provide strategy and vision for proposals and interviews with prospective clients and consultants (partners).
- Coordinate with Marketing Coordinator and Partners to identify team member’s availability and workload capacity when developing project teams.
- Show commitment/availability outside of office hours to be available for team members and respond to communications.
- Collaborate with firm’s leadership to recruit and develop new talent for the studio.
- Advance SWT’s reputation as a thought leader through conference presentations, journal articles, and social media communications.
- Manage projects to ensure that client’s expectations are clearly understood and executed by the project team.
- Manage design projects. Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical aspects of projects. Thus, ensuring completion of the project on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Produce project deliverables and assist SWT Design team members in doing so in accordance with the firm’s high standard of project delivery.
- Have a robust understanding of all project phases and respective professional protocol.
- Significant design, hand graphic and technical knowledge. Awareness to be able to recognize when technical problems are developing and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Working knowledge of relevant software, such as AutoCAD, GIS, SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, and Deltek Vision.
*Licensure/Certification preferred (PLA and/or AICP). Please send cover letter, salary requirements, and resume/portfolio to email@example.com, as well as referencing the position for which you are applying. No agencies or calls please.
2-5 year Landscape Architect
SWT Design is actively seeking a creative, highly talented candidate with 2-5 years professional experience to join our diverse team. This is an entry level in the profession of landscape architecture, urban design, and planning not requiring registration.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare planning documents, conceptual and schematic designs, construction details, construction documents, technical specifications and cost estimates for a wide variety of public and private sector projects.
- Perform field reviews and analysis of project sites and study areas and prepare written documentation of observations and conditions.
- Work under supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member.
- Assist in project presentations to clients and other consultants.
- Collaborate with other team members and contribute to a team effort.
- Produce presentation quality graphics and execute CAD drawings and details.
- Work independently when assigned specific design tasks.
- Work on a range of landscape architecture and urban design projects such as landscape planning, high-end mixed use, streetscape design, parks, plazas, gardens and roof gardens, master planning, and site development.
- Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture, Environmental Design, or other field required.
- Possess the ability to self-edit and effectively communicate design ideas.
- Knowledge and experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Proficiency and passion for creating compelling open space design and supporting graphics.
- Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture, Architecture or Urban Design.
- Entry-level proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, or SketchUp, or other related CADD software.
- Advanced 3D modeling capabilities with Lumion3D.
- Takes on tasks with enthusiasm and embraces the “team” atmosphere within SWT Design.
- High level of proficiency in relevant software/programs.
- Hard worker, diligent, and eager to please team members.
- Ability to interact effectively with SWT Staff and others involved in project delivery.
- Strong verbal, written, and graphic communication and people skills.
- Strong ethics and good moral character.
Please send cover letter, salary requirements, and resume/portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, as well as referencing the position for which you are applying. No agencies or calls please.